Live and work in the heart of Europe!
With its central location and the abundance of budget airlines connecting Austria to every corner of Europe for pretty much the price of a short-distance bus ride in North America, no destination is out of reach! So not only do you get to live and work in beautiful Austria, but you get to travel in between! Getting paid in Euros will make travels anywhere convenient and effortless. And when else will it be possible to day-trip to Venice just because you have a risotto craving?
- Eligibility: Canadians who are full-time post-secondary students and/or recent grads, 18-30 years of age. Proficiency in German is required. The Austrian Embassy requires all applicants to attend a biometrics appointment in person at its Ottawa location (no other Consulates offer biometric appointments). Appointment availability is limited and wait times can be long. Before registering, please ensure you are able to travel to Ottawa, Ontario to have your biometrics completed. We can assist you in arranging an appointment. We do not recommend booking your travel (i.e. flights) until your appointment has been scheduled.
- Registration Deadline: Apply at least six weeks prior to your intended departure
- Repeat Participation: No
- Visa Duration: Any period up to six months
- Support Funds: If you are between the ages of 18-23, you will need $700 CAD per month of stay. If you are 24-30, you will need $1,250 CAD per month. These are called support funds and are a requirement of the Austrian government
Local Support in Austria:
- • We'll represent you in the visa application process and make sure your Austrian working holiday visa is approved
- • Arrival orientation in Vienna. You will receive tips on securing work, finding accommodation, information on red tape issues, and more!
- • The hosting centre located in Vienna is equipped with phones, fax machine, Wi-Fi and computer access for your convenience.
- • Ongoing guidance and support services in Vienna for the full duration of your stay
- • After-hours emergency line
- • Mail-drop services
- • Excellent budget travel advice
SWAP Support & Resources:
- • Your GO SWAP Kit, which has valuable information on your visa, pre-departure preparation, as well as information on job and accommodation searches
- • Travel map and tourist materials
• A six-month visa that allows for multiple entries into the country.
• Accommodation upon arrival: Two nights in Vienna (when you get the accommodation package).
Level of support:
Related Services Available to Add:
Operated by SWAP Working Holidays. *includes visa and first two nights accommodation. $420 with visa, without accommodation.
® Merit Travel trademark owned by, and use is granted by, Merit Travel Group Inc. Offers are based on availability and may be subject to change. Certain exclusions, limitations and restrictions may apply. For full terms and conditions visit, http://dev.merittravel.com/terms-and-conditions/.