The currency used in Tanzania is the Tanzanian shilling. As of July, 2015: 1 CAD = 1763.25 TZS
Credit cards are not widely accepted and the best thing to do is to bring cash or use ATMs in major centres. Talk to your Adventure Specialist for recommendations.
The two official languages of Tanzania are English and Kiswahili.
The population of Tanzania is around 49.25 million
A valid passport and visa are required to enter the country. Visas may be obtained on arrival in Tanzania. Canadians may also obtain a visa prior to arrival in Tanzania. Travellers should check with the High Commission for the United Republic of Tanzania for the latest information.
• Tropical along the coast and gets milder in the highlands
• The coolest and driest periods are from late June to September
• The most pleasant weather is between October and November when the season has shorter rains in many areas
• From late December until February, temperatures are high and dry
• The main rainy season is from March to May
Tanzania can be visited during any season, but when headed for Kilimanjaro the clearest and warmest conditions are between December and February, and from July to September when it is dry (but colder).
Migration of wildebeests. Tanzania, Africa
Elephants in a field. Tanzania, Africa
Hiking in a forest. Tanzania, Africa
Camping out. Tanzania, Africa
Group of boats. Tanzania, Africa