The currency used in Peru is the Peruvian Nuevo Sol (PEN). As of July, 2015: 1 CAD = 2.56 PEN
Visa, Mastercard and the US Dollar are widely accepted in Peru, and ATMs are also available in major centres. Talk to your Adventure Specialist for recommendations.
The two official languages of Peru are Spanish and Quechua. English is spoken at four and five star hotels as well as main tourist shops.
Peru's population stands at 30.38 million as of 2013.
A valid passport is required to enter the country, no visa is necessary. The passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of your expected departure from the country. Travellers should check with the Embassy of the Republic of Peru or its consulates for the latest information. Read More
• Two main seasons: wet and dry; varies greatly depending on the geographical region.
• Temperature is influenced by elevation so the higher you climb, the cooler it will be.
• Three main climatic regions: the coastal desert to the west, the Andean mountains and highlands in central Peru and the Amazon jungle located in the east.
• In central and southern areas of Peru, the coast experiences a fog for the rest of the year and the coastal cities can be visited all year round.
• In the Andes, average daily temperatures fall below 10°C and overnight temperatures go below freezing.
• Along the coast of northern Peru there is plenty of sunshine so travellers can enjoy the beach all year-round.
• It rains frequently in the hot and humid rainforest, but the driest months are from June to September.
• Coast: Dec-Mar: 27°C / May-Oct: 12°C
• Highlands: Dec-Mar: 20°C (Wet season) / May –Oct: 2°C
• Jungle: 32°C all year round (Wet season from Dec-May)
The cooler and drier season is from June to August in Andean highlands, which is the peak season for tourism and the best time to go trekking on the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. From December to March is the wet season, which is the most hot and humid time of the year.
Peru panorama. Peru.
Galapagos Land of the Incas Cruise-Tour. Peru.
Quest of the Gods. Peru.
Salkantay Route Lodge-to-Lodge Trek. Peru.
Classic peru. Peru.
Inca trail express. Peru.
Amazon riverboat adventure. Peru, South America.