Browse Ecuador & the Galapagos Adventures
The currency used in Ecuador is the US dollar. As of July, 2015: 1 CAD = 0.81 USD
Visa, Mastercard and the US Dollar are widely accepted in Ecuador, and ATMs are also available in major centres. Talk to your Adventure Specialist for recommendations.
The official language of Ecuador is Spanish and Quichua.
The population of Ecuador is 15.74 million as of 2013.
A valid passport is required to enter the country, no visa is necessary. The passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of your expected departure from the country. Travellers should check with the Embassy of the Republic of Ecuador or its consulates for the latest information.
• Only two real seasons throughout the country: the rainy season and dry season
• Significant differences between the geographical regions; altitude affects the temperature
• The climate throughout the country can range from tropical rain in the amazon to continuous snow on top of the mountains
• The weather in the jungle is constantly rainy, humid and warm.
• Average Climate per Region
• Coast: 25°C - 35°C
• Highlands: 10°C -21°C
• Oriente: 20°C - 30°C
• Galapagos: 20°C - 30°C
The Highland dry season is June until the end of September. In the Oriente (Amazon Rainforest), it rains during most months, but August and December through March are usually the driest. On the coast, the wet season (Jan to May) has sunny days with daily afternoon rainfall, but fantastic beach weather. The dry season (June to Dec) is cooler with overcast.
Galapagos North and Central Islands & Inca Discovery. Ecuador.
Galapagos cartagena to quito. Ecuador.
Galapagos Amazon Hot Springs Volcanoes. Ecuador.
Galapagos Land of the Incas Cruise-Tour. Ecuador.
Galapagos active galapagos. Ecuador.
Galapagos Inland and Amazon. Ecuador.